Passport Application Documents
Any procedure pertaining to passport, right from its issuance to renewal and correction requires specific set of documents for submission and verification by regional passport office or passport seva kendra. We have listed here complete set of documents required for passport application and renewal. Applying for passport can be a hectic task unless you are acquainted with all the procedures and documents required for it. Refer to the complete check list of the documents for passport to save your time and make your passport application procedure hassle-free. However, if you have already applied for your passport, you get all guideline here on how to check the passport status online.
Passport is an essential travel document for travelling to foreign countries and also a proof of identity and citizenship. Application of passport is no more a tedious and time consuming procedure due to the introduction of online procedural. You can also book your appointments online with your regional passport office or Passport Seva Kendra online and submit your documents at the given time and date.
Other important reads
Passport Documents Check-List for Application of New Passport
Here is a complete check-list of all the documents required for passport application that you can refer before you start with procedure offline or online:
Proof of Address
You can submit any one or more than one proof of address out of the following documents:
- Landline Telephone Bill or Post Paid Mobile Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Election Commission Photo ID Card
- Aadhar Card (at least one year old from the date of application). If your Aadhar card issue date is less than one year from the date of your passport application, additional proof of address will be needed.
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Certificate from Employer (only public limited companies)
- Copy of Spouse’s Passport
- Ration card along with one additional proof of address
- In case of Minors, proof of address of Parents or Passport copy of parents is accepted.
- Registered Rent Agreement (at least one year old)
- Copy of Bank Account Passbook
Proof of Date of Birth
Different documents required for passport application
- Born Before 26/01/1989
Any one of the following documents required if you are born before 26th January 1989:
- Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any authorized office to responsible issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar
- Your School leaving certificate
- Affidavit made before a Magistrate/Notary in case of illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants
- Documents required for Born Before 26/01/1989
- Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any other authorized office responsible to issue Birth and Death Certificate
Additional Documents Required for Passport
Many times, the passport issuing authority may ask for additional documents from you. Hence we also recommend you to carry along following documents in original while you visit to your Passport Seva Kendra as per booked appointment:
- PAN Card
2. I-card of education institute (in case studying) or that of your company / department (in case working)
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Letter from your MLA / MP / Magistrate / Collector etc
5. Old passport (in case you are applying for renewal)
We strongly recommend all applicants to go through the check list of documents required for passport application and verification carefully and keep it ready before starting for the application procedure as it is mandatory to be present at the regional passport authorities with the required papers within 90 days from the date of application. We have also updated separately on complete online procedure of how to apply for passport. You can also track online your passport status, rashan card status, IT payment online and many other significant governmental procedures. Drop your comments in case of any query regarding PAN Card status and application, Income Tax Refund Status, Rashan card application, Voter Id card application and application forms for these applications. Stay tuned with pancardstatusin.com to keep check on all your essential documents and government cards.